Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Day: The Aftermath ...


After hours of cooking ... with quality assurance provided by Charmee from his vantage point above the kitchen ... we could SMELL the turkey in the air!


Sparky Fuzzypants had given himself a tongue bath so that he could look his best at the holiday table.

Dinner was ready at 5:15 PM with the table set, the candles lit, and a fully-rested turkey ready for carving. By 5:20 PM, I was sitting patiently ready to sample the fruits of Grandma's labors (In her defense, Mom did make the mashed potatoes ...).


I said "grace" and recited my original composition:
A Cat's Prayer of Thanksgiving.
Efurryone was duly impressed with my eloquence.


Then I waited PATIENTLY for my turkey to be served.


This is what I looked like during the whole time that I was eating ...
I had PERFECT manners.


This is what Mom claims I looked AND acted like while I was eating.


Mom says that we can tell who is lying by the condition of the turkey post-"feeding frenzy."


I can tell you that after my Thanksgiving feast,
I was too stuffed to play with even the most enticing of toys!


Give me an hour and I'll be ready for PIE!

5 comments:

Just Ducky said...

did you attack that birdie? Or did your mum stage that picture?

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Mom had to fend me off with a carving knife ... Does that answer your question?
DaisyMae Maus

Susie said...

You you very well manered - you deserve the pie!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a perfect Thanksgiving!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh, such good manners! An you wore yur tuxedo, dressed fur dinner.