Thanks to efurryone who offered their "concatulations" for my big win over the Feline Americans for "Housecat of the Quarter." I also wanna give a little "hubba, hubba" to Junior who said that he couldn't wait to see "my goodies" ... Oh, Junior!
So, Mom's got two more school days until she goes on her winter break and has promised to get my swag basket photographed for me so that I can post it here on the bloggie ... In the meantime, she got a cool Holiday Quiz from her friend Laner in South Dakota (Can you say SNOWWWWWW???? If you can, please send some to Laner!) Mom wouldn't let ME take the quiz, but she's allowing me to post the questions and HER answers. If you want to take the quiz, put your answers in the "comments" section of this post and I'll post 'em to my blog so that the whole blogosphere can see what you think.
Have a great "Wide-body and Wacky Wednesday" ...
Humble girlie and Housecat of the Quarter
Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!
Enjoy!! Everyone has time for a few moments of fun! Don't be a Scrooge!!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? - Egg Nog mixer from Jack Daniels ... without the Jack Daniels in it.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapping paper is the only way to go.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? - White twinkle lights and icicles.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? - Nope. Not a smart plan with pets.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After December 1st
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sweet potato casserole with marshmallows.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: - Christmas caroling with friends in high school/hosting Christmas parties in high school
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? - I guess that I just knew ... sometime in late elementary school.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not anymore.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? - Twinkle lights and a big collection of cat-type ornaments and Hallmark Keepsakes
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? - What's snow?
12. Can you ice skate? - In a fairly dangerous (to self and others) manner? Sure!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? - Tape player and three cassettes from Uncle Jerry when I was in the eighth grade: Abba, Grease soundtrack, and John Denver "Country Roads" ...
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Having time off ... I have been having a REALLY hard time getting into the Christmas spirit over the past fifteen years.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? - Pecan pie without Cool Whip (but with a big, honking spritz of Reddy Whip)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? - A shopping trip for Toys for Tots and then finding the "freshest/youngest" looking Marine around and forcing him to call me "ma'am" before I give up the bag of toys.
17. What tops your tree? - Usually an angel dressed in white faux fur and satin
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? - Giving ... I don't much like being on the receiving end.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? - "O Holy Night" sung by John Berry
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? - I love peppermint, so "yum"