I'm feeling hungry. (Audio: Stomach growling pitifully)
It's past my dinnertime. (Visual: Analog Kit-Kat® clock registers 6:00 PM)
Mom's still not home from work ... (Visual: Empty driveway; no black masheen)
I'm WASTING AWAY TO NOTHINGNESS!
Now's the time I start daydreamin' (or is it "evening-dreaming"?) about where Mom is and what's she's eating.
Don't get me wrong, Mom is good about sharing. I don't worry that I won't get a "kitty" bag full of tasty tidbits. But I do kinda wonder what's gonna be in it!
That wonderin' got me to thinking about my favorite people restaurants that make good cat food (and are purveyors of Triple F: Fudge Friendly Food).
1. El Pollo Loco: I'm crazy for that flame-broiled chicken. I snap it outta Mom's hand with the ferocity of a Great White shark!
2. CJ Oriental Express: Barbecued pork, anyone? I also like the shrimp ... I'm not picky.
3. Quizno's: I'm partial to any sub sandwich made entirely of turkey. Sometimes Mom orders me ... I mean "us" ... a Toasty Kid's Meal just the way we like it:
"Not toasted. No cheese. No vegetables. No sauce. Yep, just meat and bun ... and you can leave off the bun."
"Lady, you've got a weird-a** kid!"
4. Long John Silvers: Can you say f-f-f-fish? We like ours without the breading with NO tartar sauce or malt vinegar. What can I say? We're purists ...
5. Roberto's Taco Shop: Number 5 Carne Asada plate. Mmmmmm ... meat.
6. KFC: Any of the Colonel's birds are perfect for me, but Mom can dole out the boneless stuff speedier. Speed is good.
7. El Torito: Carnitas Michoacan. Mmmmm ... porky goodness.
8. Subway: Much the same as #3 above, but they don't put as much turkey on their kid's meal. We tend to vote for Quizno's.
9. Pizza Hut: Super Supreme pizza! It has my three favorites -- ham, pepperoni, and "mystery sausage." I guess that this goes back to my kitten days when I'd follow the three-year-old around waitin' for the little doofus to drop stuff.
10. McDonald's: Yeah. I know. This is a breakfast-y thing, but I LOVE the bacon on a Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese biscuit. Mmmm ... bacon.
11. Merckl's BBQ and New York Deli: They have the smokiest chicken EVER! This is one way to work Fudgie and me into a lather. We can smell Merckl's when Mom's barely drivin' up the street.
12. Burger King: I personally like the edges of a Whopper®. Mom lets me take my own bite ... sometimes ... when she's not looking or she's temporarily abandoned her hamburger. Like when she's eating an onion ring or something. Finders/keepers, right?
13. Arby's: But only if she's ordered a turkey sandwich. She "claims" that they put "too much turkey on a single sandwich," so she wraps up half for us. Can you believe that she'll put it in her purse? Moms ... Gotta love 'em!
4. Sparky Duck
8. Lilly lu
|9. mu shue|
10. Skeezix the Cat