Dr. Helen forwareded this message in an email ... the meat-and-potatoes of today's Thursday Thirteen. Most of the wisdom applies just to humans, but some of it can be applied to the cat blogosphere, too.
Oh, BTW ... I wanna personally thank Dr. Helen for contributing to my excellent grammar (and for makin' Mom employable so that I'm never without stinky goodness or Temptations®).
1. I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope that they panic and give in...
2. I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
3. I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.
4. I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion ... not proof ... to destroy it.
5. I've learned that whatever hits the fan will NOT be evenly distributed.
6. I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think.
7. I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
9. I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you THINK you're finished.
10. I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.
11. I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity. (But there is hope, 'cuz "old age and treachery will easily overcome youth and skill!).
12. I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
13. I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon ... All the less important ones just never go away, and the real pains in the butt are permanent!