Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

I have a burning question ...

Here's my question ... Or maybe it's a deep thought or one of those over-arching rhetorical musings that Carrie used to have at the beginning of each episode of "Sex and the City" ...

Well, anyway ... Here it is:

Does a kiss cancel out the bitey?

The reason that I ask is that the Feline Americans and I have been debating this issue for the past week (since voting for "Housecat of the Quarter" ends on Tuesday with the big announcement on Wednesday).

I'm being out-voted four to one.

The boys (I'm referring to them as "boys" 'cuz none have been acting much like ManCats for the past couple of days) all give Mom the bitey and then quickly administer smooches claiming to negate the painful tooth-to-hand exchange.

I feel that emotions leading to a bitey had to come from somewhere. Covering them up with tongue kisses is the epitome of hypocrisy. If I'm givin' the bitey, I want the hand bein' bitten to communicate to Mom that a line has been crossed. I am displeased! A bitey is a precursor to a full-fledged hissy fit and bunny-kick fest! Watch it, sister!

So, what do YOU think? DOES a kiss cancel out a bitey? The blogosphere wants ... nay, NEEDS ... to know (or at least THIS blogger does).

End of transmission ...
DMM

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Well, I go from purring and happy to bitey in about .5 seconds flat. I am pretty sure a kiss cancels out a bitey. At least I hope so.

Tara said...

My vote is with you sister! If you are going to do a bitey, do it right! You need to get your point across!

Those boys are just big wooses..

Tara

Honey P. Sunshine said...

i think a kiss cancels out a bitey too, usually my bitey's are playful

Jake and Bathsheba said...

DaisyMae, I have to say that a kiss cancels out a bitey. I often give Mom the bitey without even thinking, then I realize what I've done and quickly apologize with a kiss.

~Bathsheba

NO, a kiss DOES NOT cancel a bitey. I TOTALLY agree with you, DaisyMae. I mean it when I give out a rare bitey (often when I'm playing very rough), and I'm not about to give a kiss to take it back.

~Jake

Parker said...

Mixed opinions in this household - gender seems to play a role. Rudy says that a kiss cancels the bitey. We gals (me, Puff and Powder) think differently. If you give the bitey, you mean the bitey. Period.
PeeEss - go look at my violated snuggle! HeeHee!

Zoey and the furballs said...

No, a kiss doesn't cancel out a bitey. You're right DMM, do the bitey right.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Bonnie says a bitey is a bitey an they should know by now not to touch her in the firstest place. But I bite when I's feelin lovey, just a gentle bitey wif a lick, an Mom knows it's love and play, not anger. Maybe it's a girl-cat, boy-cat fing?