Here are some things that you don’t hear anymore (gosh, they sure do show Mom’s age!!)
1. Be sure and refill the ice trays, we are going to have company after awhile.
2. Watch for the postman, I want to get this letter to Aunt Mary in the mail today.
3. Don't forget to wind the clock before you go to bed.
4. When you ride your bicycle, don't forget to signal each turn. Left arm straight out for a left turn, left arm bent up at the elbow for a right turn, and straight down when you slow or stop.
5. You have torn the knees out of that pair of pants so many times there is nothing left to put a patch on.
6. Don't you go out side with your good school clothes on!
7. Quit jumping on the floor! I have a cake in the oven and you are going to make it fall if you don't quit!
8. There’s five dollars in my purse, go by and get five gallons of gas when you start to town.
9. Don't sit to close to the TV. It is hard on your eyes. And turn on a light!
10. Eat those vegetables, they will make you big and strong like your daddy.
11. Hush your mouth! I don't want to hear words like that, I will wash your mouth out with soap!
12. If you get a spanking in school and I find out about it, you will get another one when you get home.
13. Quit crossing your eyes! They will get stuck that way!
Well, that ought to keep all you ‘beans remembering some of the finer things of the past, some good and some not so good ...