Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday's Feast #43

Appetizer
Name a great website you would recommend to others.


Hmmm ... I tend to bee-bop around the internet not payin' a whole lot of attention to the different sites. I enjoy using the brain teasers from the Houghton Mifflin Company's Eduplace. The puzzles aren't too difficult for my ninth graders and they're a good review for just before standardized testing when kids need a refresher of the problem-solving skills.

My favorite sites are blogs, though. They have great entertainment value. I especially like Miles and Sammy Meezer's blog ... Meezertails and all four blogs featuring Skeezix the Cat, Rocky the Gutter Cat, Mao, and Tripper.

Soup
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 as highest), how often do you dream at night?


When I fall asleep, I dream ... The operative word in that statement is "when" ... I'm not a good sleeper. I require Tylenol Simply Sleep, an oscillating fan, and total darkness. I don't always get optimal sleeping conditions.

Salad
Did you have a pet as a child? If so, what kind and what was its name?


I was fortunate to have the ideal dog as a child. My mother chose her for the family when I was about five years old. Her name was originally "Deana," but my best friend at the time had the same name, so her name was changed to "Peaches." She was about twenty-five pounds of Cockapoo. She was curly furred (cream with wiry apricot threads) and infinitely loyal. She was used a number of times to train other dogs to walk on leashes. She liked the neighbor's mentally retarded ginger cat "Red Kitty" and was patient with little kids, too. She lived to be eighteen years old. I miss her every day.

Main Course
If you had the chance to star in a commercial, what would you choose to advertise?


I'd star in a public service announcement about spaying/neutering pets, and how that simple act greatly enriches their lives.

Dessert
What is your favorite kind of hard candy?


I like rootbeer barrels and those old fashioned candy sticks in blueberry.

No comments: