Anyway, yesterday's guest was Mr. Bam. Mom has said that that's not his real name, but I have a hard time pronouncin' his real name (Mom: "It's Emeril Lagasse, Maus."), so I just call him Mr. Bam ... or Chef Bam-a-lamma-ding-dong ... or Bammy Bammington (when I'm feelin' naughty).
So ... we were watchin' the show an' he was cooking a sample Thanksgiving dinner to show to our heroine, Cell-block Martha. Mom was commenting that he was the first guest that she'd ever seen on Martha's show who could actually compete with Martha an' keep her in check. Efurryone knows that Martha runs rough-shod over most of her guests an' acts rather supercilious around them ('cept for Dr. Maya Angelou who was AWESOME). An' those fans of Mr. Bam's Food Network show know that he is typically the same type of host as Martha.
But the two of them got along famously ... An' the dinner that they cooked together got me to thinkin' 'bout Thanksgiving ... mmmmm. I LOVE Thanksgiving 'cuz I get my furry own seat at the dinner table an' I get to eat as much as I wanna eat.
So ... being that I can't get Thanksgiving out of my head ... AND it's just a week away (Wow!!!) ... I'm doing this week's TT about all of the furry good stuff that I am gonna be eatin' next week!
1. Turkey, white meat
2. Turkey, dark meat
3. Stuffing with turkey gravy
4. One cranberry ... smooshed
5. One black olive ... smooshed
6. Julienned green beans ... but not that yucky Green Bean Casserole (that Mom hates an' won't let anyone bring into the house if they value their lives even the tiniest bit)
7. Mashed potatoes with even more turkey gravy (mmmm ... gravy!)
8. Sweet potatoes with some melted mini marshmallows an' cinnamon an' brown sugar
9. Turkey, white meat AN' dark meat ... Yes, I need MORE!
10. Brown an' Serve wheat roll with real butter (I only lick off the butter if Mom doesn't chop up my piece of roll into little bits
11. Did I mention turkey?
12. Fruit salad with whipped cream (but I only lick off the whipped cream an' leave all of the bits of fruit on my plate
13. Punkin pie with more whipped cream ('cept I don't eat the crust 'cuz I'm a purist an' only like the crust from a pie from Marie Callender's ... an' I can tell if it's NOT from M.C.'s).
Oh, an' I get a bowl of ice water so that I can stay hydrated while I gorge my small self on the holiday feast. But, before you report me to the ASPCA (or Jenny Craig!): I only get the smallest amounts of the aforementioned goodies. 'Cept for the turkey. I can eat LOTS of turkey. Oh, an' don't even THINK 'bout trying to foist Tofurky off on me. I can tell the difference! I'm a gourmand!
Is anycat hungry yet? I am!!!