Mom just got home a few minutes ago 'cuz today was the Tea at the Westgate Hotel for Mom an' her colleagues from school. She attends a tea every quarter an' gets to see some of her friends who've retired from teaching. Mom loves to go to the teas 'cuz it's very fancy ... She also gets to try new an' interesting stuff to eat.
She said that the valet parking guy was new an' that she tipped him $5.00 when he brought her car around. He commented that he thought that the black masheen was "cute" an' that it "purred like a kitten." I think that masheens are better if they purr like ManCats (right, Jake?)
Anyway, I was a little ticked at Mom 'cuz she didn't bring the salmon sammich home for me ... She said that it would've stunk up her purse an' that she got a good trade for it, so I was outta luck. Humphf ... the nerve.
She said that the menu had changed from back in September an' all of the sammiches were "new" ... as opposed to old, yucky ones?
Here's this week's TT:
1. Glass of ice water with lemon slices (in lieu of champagne 'cuz Mom's allergic to alcohol products)
2. Duck and cream cheese mini puff
3. Mini Monte Cristo sandwiches (two ‘cuz she traded her salmon on toast point)
4. Teenie weenie cheese soufflé
5. Golden raisin and cranberry scone with clotted créme
6. Flute of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries with whipped cream and mint sprig
7. Poppyseed spoon cookie (that broke in half and part fell on the floor ... oops!)
8. Stawberry meringue cookie
9. Hazelnut brownie bite
10. Tiramisu tower
11. Chocolate ganache cake square
12. Fudge ball (an' YAY ... it didn't have liquor in it this year ... last time Mom got sick)
13. And a whole pot of peppermint tea