Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Memes: Friday's Feast an' Friday Fill-ins

Feast One Hundred & Seventy Six
January 18th, 2008
Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

Jamaica. For those of you who've never had jamaica: It's a sugary drink made from hibiscus blossoms and it's served in nearly all Mexican restaurants. Jamaica the color of filtered concord grape juice and it tastes a little like concord grape juice, too. I like mine "con hielo" which means over ice. Oh, and it's pronounced huh-my-kuh.

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

On my computer desk at work, I have an ancient HP Laserjet 6L, a black mesh basket full of printer paper, and a pair of GE speakers so that my students can hear the cd. I don't have anything else on the desk except the computer and the keyboard.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?


I'm at least an 8 in honesty ... perhaps higher. I've got a healthy dose of middle-class guilt and a well-developed conscience. I like to be a good example, so I'm scrupulously honest.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?


Gosh ... I doubt that I'd be very original, but I'd change Los Angeles to "Smogtown USA" for the obvious reasons ... When you drive up the freeway from San Diego to L.A., as soon as you get to Irvine, you can see the brown coating hovering above L.A.  It's disgusting.

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?


My job stresses me out ... especially Open House and the senior banquet that I host in June. Oh, and the television show "Dinner:Impossible" makes me really anxious!

Things that calm me down include driving up the coast to smell the wood-burning campfires, walking long distances, listening to music, and reading. Petting my cats' fur is also very soothing.


FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2008
#55
1. The last compliment I got was from _my assistant principal just this afternoon at the renovations committee meeting_; he/she said _that I was "brilliant" because I suggested a less expensive alternative to the architect's plan that would make EVERYONE happy and would increase our campus' usable space AND our 'curb appeal'_.

2. I'm reading _Harlan Coben's "Back Spin" ... It's from his Myron Bolitar series and it's about golf_.

3. I woke up today and thought _Yay! It's Friday and my kids have two tests today and a million things due ..._

4. Why does _the tiniest bit of rain make such a dent in school attendance?_.

5. The last thing I ate was _a chile relleno at San Marcos. The soup tonight was chicken with rice and it was wonderful_.

6. January... _seems like such a colossal let-down after all of the "go-go-go" of the holidays_.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _watch crap on television and finish my book_, tomorrow my plans include _going to Lens Crafters to have my new Ray Bans fit to my face_ and Sunday, I want to _go and watch "27 Dresses"_!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

My Mommie likes Harlan Coben's books, too.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my goodness, your Mom is busy!! My dad likes golf, I'll have to have him read (via the CD player) the Harlen Coben books.
Good luck on Today's game!! Go Chargers Go!!!
Your FL furiends,