Feast One Hundred & Seventy Eight
February 01st, 2008Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of cereal?
I don't drink milk, so I don't tend to eat cereal very often ... But when I do, I like Chex (any flavor) the best. I also like Special K. The only "sugary" cereals that I like are Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries and Count Chocula.
When was the last time you purchased something for your home, what was it, and in which room did it go?
I bought a hyacinth bulb in a little plastic pot. I bought it two weeks ago outside of a Trader Joe's in La Jolla, CA. It cost all of $2.99. The bulb is atop my etagere in my bathroom. It has bloomed into a lovely pink flower that scents my bathroom quite nicely.
What is the funniest commercial you’ve ever seen?
Since I have a DVR, I tend to fast-forward through commercials ... I like the Jack in the Box commercials with the holiday antenna balls and I like some soda commercials ... but my favorite commercial has to be the "Nothing but Net" commercial for McDonald's that featured Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.
Make up a name for a company by using a spice and an animal (example: Cinnamon Monkey).
Mace Hamster! Gosh, that sounds like the name of a superhero or a really hard-boiled noir detective. Or, better yet, a surgeon ... Can't you imagine it? "Paging Dr. Hamster. Dr. Mace Hamster to the ER ... STAT!"
Fill in the blank: I haven’t ______ since ______.
Fill in the blank: I haven’t _seen my friends Lana, Pat, Rose, Debbie and Larry _ since _what seems like FOREVER, so it was really wonderful to have dinner with them tonight before Lana goes back to South Dakota next week_.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2008
1. Once I was _very shy ... and then I became a teacher_.
2. _I really dislike_ being sick ... _and I hate going to the doctor/hospital even more_.
3. Today at work I _stayed until 5:30 PM because I was having dinner with friends at 6 PM and didn't want to go home in the meantime, so I got lots of busy work completed_.
4. What's _"stomping the yard"_ all about ... and why would I care anyway?
5. If I make a mistake I _apologize, if necessary, and fix the problem immediately_.
6. When I woke up this morning, I thought _crappity, crap, crap ... it's only Thursday_.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _finishing my crochet project_, tomorrow my plans include _sleeping late and working on the chocolate and vanilla roses that my club is selling for Valentine's Day_ and Sunday, I want to _tape the Super Bowl so that I can watch the commercials and fast-forward through the game_!