Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Memes: Friday's Feast an' Friday Fill-ins

Feast One Hundred & Eighty One
February 29th, 2008 
Appetizer
Who was the last person you hugged?


I actually hugged one of my colleagues about an hour ago. He was celebrating his birthday (he’s a Leap Day baby) and today he turned FOURTEEN. He’s a wonderful man and a terrific science teacher ... And he’s an awesome hugger, too.

Soup
Share a beauty or grooming trick or tip with us.


Well, I guess it’s not really a beauty or a grooming trick/tip, but it does help you to organize a beauty product. I’m one of those people who loves the little samples of perfume, but could never use one up in a single application. If you allow them to lay on their sides, they leak. When I worked at Big 5 Sporting Goods back in college, I bought a little green plastic case that a gun enthusiast would use to hold shells for a rifle. The tiny glass vials fit perfectly into the separate slots and they stand upright. No more leaking ... and the shell case keeps them “fresh,” too.

Salad
What does the color yellow make you think of?


Yellow makes me think of marshmallow Peeps ... and I don’t even LIKE marshmallow Peeps.

Main Course
If you were to make your living as a photographer, what subject would your pictures revolve around?


I suppose that I’d photograph the Northern California Coast. If you haven’t been between Crescent City and the Oregon border, you really need to make a visit. It’s breath-taking and never the same view twice.

Dessert
What was the longest book you ever read?


When I was in high school, the longest book that I ever read was The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

I’ve read all of the Harry Potter series ... those books are long, but so engrossing. I’ve read some long textbooks, too ... but not cover-to-cover. And I’ve never been able to commit to reading the Bible as literature.


FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2008
Friday Fill-Ins #61

1. I'm looking forward to _watching my students’ musical ... They’re producing “Grease” with a filipino and hispanic cast. (It should be an interesting interpretation.)_ next week.

2. I don't handle _phone calls _ very well ... because  I don't hear all that well.  I do better in person.

3. _PIZZA_ is something I could eat every day.

4. Warmth and sunlight _are the key words for San Diego’s Chamber of Commerce brochures ... They’re our middle names_.

5. _VACATION_ here I come!  March 14th is the last day of quarter three.  Then, I have jury duty.  Sigh.

6. I _abhor_ tattoo(s).  And don't get me started on the "branding" that athletes get on their bodies.  YUCK.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _resting and getting rid of this upset stomach that I’ve had all week_, tomorrow my plans include _sleep late and watch “Jurassic Park 3” on VHS ... and in Spanish ... because one of my special ed. students insists that it’s a “great movie” and I have to watch it because I like dinosaurs_ and Sunday, I want to _finish these darn afghans if they KILL me_!

1 comment:

muffinmidi said...

I didn't even know there was a
Jurassic Park 3.