FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2008
Friday Fill-In #67
1. I love springtime in _San Diego (it lasts 365 days a year)_!
2. _WAFFLES_ are foods I love to eat for breakfast.
3. It seems I'm always searching for _something fun and creative to do in my small amounts of spare time_
4. _Watching junk on television (bless the DVR)_ is a great way to end the day.
5. I think I _ate too much at lunch. I have a tummy ache_!
6. _FUN_ is what I've been craving lately. (Or maybe I just want a doughnut).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _watching the Thursday shows that I taped_, tomorrow my plans include _going out to lunch with my mom_ and Sunday, I want to _rest ... it’s the last day of my thirty-day spring break ... I know: Life is hard_!
Friday's Feast 187a
Apr 10, '08The Chef over at Friday's Feast has decided to take the day off. She has invited folks to come up with their own Feast this week. Here's a menu from Stone Girl.
What is your favorite vacation spot in the United States?
I LOVE travelling up Highway 1 and/or 101 ... The scenery is gorgeous. The air is so clear and clean. The campgrounds have such amazing views. The only flaw is that the speed limit along most of the Highway 1 is about thirty mph.
If someone else (friend, co-worker, family) brings up a religious or political topic, how likely are you to join the conversation, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = not likely, 10=very likely).
It depends on the seriousness of the political/religious topic. I typically prefer to keep my views to myself. I guess that I’d be about a 3.
What song do you listen to when you feel very sad?
“I Want to Know What Love Is” by Foreigner. It reminds me of a very sad time in my life ... but it also reminds me of how I got through it, too.
Someone you really admire is coming over for a home-cooked dinner. What do you serve him/her?
Ah ... Do I want to impress this person or do I just want to keep him/her from getting indigestion from my less-than-terrific cooking?
I suppose that I’d make apricot/lemon baked chicken with white rice and asparagus spears (with sea salt). I’d serve iced tea (as I don’t drink) and I’d make pudding parfaits for dessert.
If the only form of transportation left in the world is by animal (horse, mule, camel, etc), where would you live?
Seattle. I could walk just about anywhere I wanted to go. My second choice would be Julian, California. It’s small and I could ride a horse around everywhere.