Feast One Hundred & Eighty Seven
April 18th, 2008
Name a color you find soothing.
I really like the color lavender, but turquoise and sage are equally nice when I need to relax.
Using 20 or less words, describe your first driving experience.
Rolled down embankment.
Illegal aliens pushed Datsun back to street.
What material is your favorite item of clothing made out of?
It's an evergreen suede jacket from Coldwater Creek. Gorgeous. Great leather smell and, surprisingly, it goes with just about everything that I own.
Who is a great singer or musician who, if they were to come to your town for a concert, you would spend the night outside waiting for tickets to see?
There aren’t any people like that for me anymore. Tickets have gotten so out-of-control price-wise (and iTunes is so cheap and accessable) that I’d rather listen “on vinyl” than pay to see someone live. Besides, most of today’s “artists” lip-synch much of their shows anyway.
What is the most frequent letter of the alphabet in your whole name (first, middle, maiden, last, etc.)?
The most frequently occurring letter ... in other words, the “mode” of my name ... is the letter “E”. I have four of them.
APRIL 18, 2008
Friday Fill In #68
1. The last time I lost my temper I _called the custodian. It was this last Monday ... the first day of the fourth quarter ... and my classroom door would not unlock so that I could get in____!
2. _Ninth grade girls who think that “pretty” allows them to behave like shrews_ are what I'm fed up with! (These young ladies don't get "pretty is as pretty does" ...).
3. The next book I'd like to read is _the new Harlan Coben thriller that came out this week, but hasn’t arrived from Amazon.com yet_.
4. _May 21 ... when my uncle arrives ..._ is what I'm looking forward to.
5. If you can't get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet, _donate them to a high school science class_!
6. The best thing I got in the mail recently was _a bunch of checks from Hallmark to spend on retirement cards ... yay!_.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a marathon of “Cold Case” episodes that have been on my DVR since January_, tomorrow my plans include _an eight-hour Language Arts conference (with a unit of continuing ed. credit_ and Sunday, I want to _spend those Hallmark checks_!