Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Memes: Friday's Feast an' Friday Fill-ins

Feast One Hundred & Eighty Seven
April 18th, 2008 

Appetizer
Name a color you find soothing.

I really like the color lavender, but turquoise and sage are equally nice when I need to relax.

Soup
Using 20 or less words, describe your first driving experience.

Stick shift. 
Sharp curve. 
Bounced curb. 
Stalled. 
Rolled down embankment. 
Dad panicked. 
Illegal aliens pushed Datsun back to street.

Salad
What material is your favorite item of clothing made out of?

It's an evergreen suede jacket from Coldwater Creek. Gorgeous. Great leather smell and, surprisingly, it goes with just about everything that I own.

Main Course
Who is a great singer or musician who, if they were to come to your town for a concert, you would spend the night outside waiting for tickets to see?


There aren’t any people like that for me anymore. Tickets have gotten so out-of-control price-wise (and iTunes is so cheap and accessable) that I’d rather listen “on vinyl” than pay to see someone live. Besides, most of today’s “artists” lip-synch much of their shows anyway.


Dessert
What is the most frequent letter of the alphabet in your whole name (first, middle, maiden, last, etc.)?

The most frequently occurring letter ... in other words, the “mode” of my name ... is the letter “E”. I have four of them.

APRIL 18, 2008
Friday Fill In #68

1. The last time I lost my temper I _called the custodian. It was this last Monday ... the first day of the fourth quarter ... and my classroom door would not unlock  so that I could get in____!

2. _Ninth grade girls who think that “pretty” allows them to behave like shrews_ are what I'm fed up with! (These young ladies don't get "pretty is as pretty does" ...).

3. The next book I'd like to read is _the new Harlan Coben thriller that came out this week, but hasn’t arrived from Amazon.com yet_.

4. _May 21 ... when my uncle arrives ..._ is what I'm looking forward to.

5. If you can't get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet, _donate them to a high school science class_!

6. The best thing I got in the mail recently was _a bunch of checks from Hallmark to spend on retirement cards ... yay!_.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _a marathon of “Cold Case” episodes that have been on my DVR since January_, tomorrow my plans include _an eight-hour Language Arts conference (with a unit of continuing ed. credit_ and Sunday, I want to _spend those Hallmark checks_!

5 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

MOL! We loved ALL that stuff. The stuff we unnerstood, anyway. Ya know, bein cats...

The Big Thing especially liked the Main Course thing. He laffed an said he never stayed out all night in line fer anyone an wouldnt now even if all the Beatles could come back (an he likes them). But he said he would fer us if we could make music, so that was cool!

Rach said...

Most of the bands and singers i go to see in concerts have been around for years!

Janet said...

I love Cold Case, but omg sometimes it's SO sad...

Thanks for playing, enjoy your weekend!

Chrissie said...

My mom said she can't think of anyone she EVER wanted to stay out all night to stand in line for tickets-she doesn't think concerts sound as good as the recording and Yay for iTunes!

Daisy said...

My Mommie loves Harlan Coben's books!