Mom’s “summer” vacation ... the last one before her nearly idillic year-’round schedule is changed for the 2009-10 school year ... is just three weeks and four days long (25 days).
It’s been a really tough year with a difficult principal and the worst group of ninth graders (a few were good) that she’s ever known. It’s obvious that Mom needs a break for both physical and mental health.
Here’s her Thursday Thirteen ‘bout Why Mom's happy 'bout Summer Vacation ...
1. Don’t have to get up at 6:00 AM for 25 days (bad point: school starts at 7:25 AM beginning July 14th).
2. No pantyhose for four weeks.
3. The ninth grade class of 2011 is no longer Mom’s problem.
4. The seniors of 2008 and all of their “issues” are no longer Mom’s problem.
5. Everything needed for Mom to start classes has been copied and placed into student folders.
6. Everything Mom needs for a new honor society membership drive is copied and ready.
7. There’s still a little bit of money left as “seed money” for the class of 2009.
8. Mom leaves for Seattle on June 16 and doesn’t return home ‘til July 3.
9. She’ll miss:
Grandma an’ Grandad’s 42nd anniversary.
Charmee’s fifth birthday
10. She’ll be back in time for:
Sparky Fuzzypant’s tenth birthday
The fireworks to be “fogged out” again.
11. She might get to go to Silverwood in Idaho when she’s travellin’ around Washington.
12. Her officers and president for next year are very good kids and will be helpful. Yay!
13. One of her Special Ed. students managed to meet the requirements for honor society.