Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday Memes: Friday's Feast an' Friday Fill-ins

This Friday's Feast is an old one first appearing on Friday, December 16, 2005.  Since the Friday's Feast website hasn't been updated since July 11th, I guess that I'll just go back and do "leftovers" from now on.

Appetizer
What is a word that your family uses that would not be considered common?

SCOOBS is my brother's nickname. I don't suppose many others would use "Scoobs" (or "scoobs") in regular conversation unless mispronouncing SCUBA or something.

Soup
What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year?


At home, I have a "The Far Side" calendar on my bedroom wall and a kitty cat calendar in my office/closet/spare bedroom. At school, the calendars are entirely animal calendars with the predominance being kitty cats.


Salad
Name 3 people you speak with on a daily basis.


I speak to my next door teacher neighbors at school at least three times a day since we're charged with standing in the doorways to greet our students, so Hal and Joe are two (during the weekdays only, of course). And I speak to my parents daily.


Main Course
If you could put a new tattoo on someone you know - who would it be, what would the tattoo be of, and where would you put it on them?


I'd tattoo Hal.   I'd put it on his forehead and it would be "Retired Marine ... I could field-dress you if I wanted to!" just as a warning to students who try to tick him off.

Dessert
What is the last beverage you drank out of a glass bottle?


Oh, this was a while ago ... almost a year.   It was in the Tri-Cities at a roadside stand and it was a bottle of Bubble Up.  Gosh, it was good.   I really miss having access to Bubble Up as I don't like other Lemon-Lime sodas.




THURSDAY, AUGUST 7, 2008
Friday Fill-Ins #84

Here we go:

1. You know you're old when _you were already tenured when this group of ninth graders were born _.

2. My heart is divided between _pets__ and _family_.

3. _My driver's side front tire repaired_ (that's why I'm waiting for the mechanic to call)  is what I need RIGHT NOW!

4. I have felt the _breeze from the pinnacle of the high dive_, I have known the depths of _the deep end of the pool where the high dive is located_.

5. Gah, won't these people _shut the heck up and let me think_.

6. _Reserve your plane ticket_ as soon as you can!  (I'm thinkin' that Wednesday will be that day).

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to _the Opening Ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympiad_, tomorrow my plans include _sleeping late and having some pizza_ and Sunday, I want to __sleep some more and have some more pizza__!

No comments: