In honor of Feline American Sparky Fuzzypants, nicknamed "Spark-o-Lounger,"
who went to the Bridge on May 30th, 2012,
we'll be hosting an event in the 2012 Cat-O-Lympics this year:
Since cats are natural loungers ... and lounge with such style ... and are in a constant state of event preparation an' training ... any cat is already a world-class lounger!
And since we're all naturals at lounging, how will our event be judged and how will winners be determined? Well, it's a TEAM event, so multiple participants must enter TOGETHER after being photographed TOGETHER to be considered (an' no, your source-of-opposable-thumbs CANNOT Photoshop all of you into one photograph or you'll be disqualified!).
stolen appropriated a screenshot of Paul Klusman's famous movie-cats Ginger Cat, Zoey Cat, and Oscar Cat lounging on his coffee table as they illustrate the concept of Team Lounging. Should he get upset with our stealing appropriation, Mom will certainly apologize an' delete the photo.
The photo above would NOT qualify for entry because Lacey Bunns went to the Bridge in 1995 an' although she IS lounging in an unorthodox medium, she is alone in the photo, and therefore, does not qualify for entry.
MEDALLING IN THE EVENT! Competitors will earn points toward medal qualification in the following manner:
1. Two or more competitors must be photographed lounging together in the same frame. One point
2. Grouping. Competitors numbering three or more will be awarded one additional point for each participant in the photo frame exceeding the requisite two participants (EX: Four cats lounging = three points)
3. Costumed participant(s). One point per costumed participant
4. Unconsciousness. If any participant in the frame (humans included) is asleep (both eyes closed), one point is earned
5. Unorthodox lounging platform. One point is earned for lounging on something odd, uncomfortable, or precarious for the act of lounging (EX: windowsills, ledges, non-flat objects)
6. Artistic displays. Additional points will be awarded at judge's discretion for competitors who display innovative lounging techniques, inversions, funny expressions, etc.
Mom The judge likes humorous photos. She tries to be objective, but humor is her Achilles heel an' you SHOULD exploit that if you wanna medal in this event.
Here is a list of the other events being hosted during the Olympics (links can be found at Huffle's blog):
1. Allie, Ellie, Tamir, Cubby and Clifford are hosting Smackdown.
2. Wally, Ernie and Zoey are hosting Synchronised Snoozing.
3. Cory and her family are hosting Balance Beam.
4. The Katnip Lounge kitties are hosting Counter Surfing.
5. Penelope and Kozmo are hosting High Jump.
6. Callie and Sassy are hosting Competitive Nip Bliss Out.
7. Kashim, Othello and Salome are hosting Fierceful Yawning - give us your biggest yawn.
8. Cat-O-Lympics hostess and mistress of ceremonies: Huffle.
Finally, if anyone would like to host an event, just let Huffle know and she will add you to the list.