Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

DaisyMae's "Word of the Day": WONK

Here's another informative vocabulary lesson to build your FELINE LEXICON ...

From DaisyMae's Feline Dictionary of Terms and Phrases, the phrase of the day is:

WONK (noun) ... wahnk ... Crusty brown gunk localized at the inside corners of the eyes. This phenomenon typically results after one has spent a particularly hard night of sleeping, although wonk can occur after a long nap, too. When wet, wonk is sometimes referred to as "eye boogers." In most instances, wonk is highly visible and spoils the look of otherwise attractive cats.

Adjective(s): wonky; wonkish; wonkiness

see also: wonky peepers ... The condition of having wonk in the inside corners of the eyes prior to 'wonk removal.'

Sentence examples:
1. Pumpkin refused to hold still for wonk removal until Mom put him in a headlock.
2. Sparky Fuzzypants' eyes were full of nasty, brownish wonk after a particularly restful nap.

6 comments:

Chatham said...

My people call it "gooky".

Anonymous said...

Mom calls it crust or gunk.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Thank yoo for this importunt informayshun. I always have wonk in my eyes. Mao calls it krap. I think wonk is a better werd.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Momma had to pull some of that stuffs outta my eye dis mornin. Good fink I is an udderstandin girl.

*ABBY

Hot(M)BC said...

Our Mom calls it gunk too. I'll inform her that she's using the wrong word. *nods*
~~ Boni

Petey said...

We call them eye goobers.