Here's a list of thirteen things that Mom has to do tomorrow before she can officially begin her "winter recess" ...
1. Fill in the final grade hand-outs so that the kids can have their grades.
2. Bubble in the op-scans so that the registrar can send the "official" report cards home by mail.
3. Water all of the classroom plants.
4. Set the air conditioner on "holiday" mode for twenty-three days so that her plants don't get dried out from the heater bein' on. The custodians don't know how to do this, so Mom went on-line an' looked up the directions for her brand of thermostat an' then found a key that would open the "seemingly unopenable thermostate cover box" ... Mom is clever, no?
5. Put the "vacation" tablets in the fish tanks to feed the fishies.
6. Give self-addressed an' stamped envelope to secretary to mail pay stub so Mom doesn't have to pick it up.
7. Deliver completed op-scans to registrar.
8. Teach all of her classes: Students will be watching movie from "approved" district video list ... Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Which version is Mom showing? Why the Muppets one, of course!
9. Hand out the last of the chocolate snowman grams that the kids were SUPPOSED to pick up afterschool on Wednesday. If they DON'T pick 'em up, Mom's donating them to Uncle James' church to give to homeless folks.
10. Set computer's automatic "start" to "OFF" so the computer won't be on all vacation.
11. Take recycling to recycling bin. Make sure that the lid is on in case of rain.
12. Eat the cheese that's in the 'fridge.
13. Turn off the lights an' make sure the window an' door are locked up tightly.
Then Mom can go off-campus to lunch with our Aunt Annie ... Mom got Senior Greenies for our buddy, Kirby Upright, an' she made a hammock for Kirby's brother, Dorian Gray.
After Mom has lunch with our Aunt Annie, she has a dinner with her "girls" at Outback Steakhouse. She's got the last of the presents in the trunk of the black masheen. We can actually see the carpet in the utility room now that all of the presents an' boxes are gone. Mom had been hanging presents off of the bicycle's handlebars. Now, maybe she'll RIDE it instead of using it for hangin' stuff??