Her kids this year are far nicer people than in the last two years that I've been blogging, but most of the comments that I'D make would likely stay the same. It's a furry good thing that cats don't teach high school, 'cuz I'd NEVER cut my clawrs an' my fangs would be as sharp as my wit!
In honor of Open House 2008, I'm reprinting a Thursday Thirteen from a year ago ...
Thirteen Things That I'd Say To Parents At Open House
If Cats Could Teach High School
1. Convert the basement because you're gonna be supportin' your child for the next fifty or so years of YOUR life.
2. School ... for your child ... ends at 4 PM because he's going to be servin' detention for this entire year.
3. Had the epidural worn off when you named him that?
4. Did you drop her on her head?
5. I have two words for you: Social Promotion.
6. I've hacked up more intelligent hairballs.
7. Teens should be spayed or neutered!
8. Sparky Fuzzypants is brighter than your kid an' he's got a room-temperature IQ!
9. Did you drop her on her head?
10. Now that I've met you, I understand why your son says and does such stupid stuff in my class.
11. Your daughter has the morals of an alley cat (!) an' dresses like a tramp!
13. And ... once again ... Did you drop her on her head?