Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday's Feast #40, 39, 38, and 37

Since I’ve been on vacation since September 13, I haven’t been able to post my Friday’s Feasts for the past few weeks ... Here’s what I would have written in response to the previous weeks’ questions ...


Friday’s Feast for October 5, 2007

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you look forward to your birthday?


Hmmm ... Well, on November 27th, I’ll turn forty.
I suppose that it should be kind of a big deal, but I’m not the type who makes a big deal out of my own birthday. I guess that I’d say about a three.

Soup
What is one word you don’t like the sound, spelling, or meaning of?

SLAUGHTER. I cannot stand that word.

Salad
Do you wear sunglasses when you’re outside?  If so, what does your current pair look like?


I have three pair of prescription sunglasses that I alternate wearing: Black modified cat-eyes from DKNY; black oval from Adrienne Vittadini; and my newest pair, brown rectangular Vera Wang with grey lenses.

Main Course
If you were to write a book, to whom would you dedicate it?

My parents, of course. I’d also give a “shout out” to my number one girlie: DaisyMae Maus.

Dessert
Name a beverage that you enjoy. 

The Slurpee.

Friday’s Feast for September 28, 2007


Appetizer
How are you today?

Better than last week. Stiff and sore from driving in the pouring rain from Coeur D’Alene to Kennewick, WA.

Soup
Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.

“CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” and “Cold Case.”

Salad
What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?

About ten years ago (on a Sunday), I was driving back to San Diego from a visit to Yuma, AZ. It was about eight o’clock in the evening and it was pitch-dark on the freeway (Interstate 8). It had gotten really cold and started to rain while I’d been in Yuma, but it got colder as I passed Glamis where lots of people with trucks and trailers full of three- and four-wheelers had been enjoying the sand dunes.

As the altitude increased, the rain turned to snow. The wind was blowing so hard that the snow was falling horizontally rather than to the ground. Needles of snow were hitting my windshield making visibility almost zero. I was driving very slowly in the tracks of the cars that had gone ahead ... the tiny black masheen dwarfed by the passing vehicles. The scary part was that the passing vehicles were speeding along the freeway sending waves of snow into my lane and onto my roof.

Main Course
If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?


Another country? Well, I’m not far from Canada right now, so I guess that I’d say Canada (although they wouldn’t let me in without a passport, right?).

Dessert
What do you usually wear to sleep?

Nordstrom nightgowns (gifts from friends), flannel pajamas (if it’s cold), t-shirts with pj pants, or a navy nylon tricot full slip if it’s really hot.

Friday’s Feast for September 21, 2007


Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?


Georgia O’Keefe’s paintings of the Southwest or landscapes/seascapes.

Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?


Yesterday, my family had dinner with some of my father’s oldest and dearest friends ... They paid (but we REALLY paid because we got food poisoning).

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?


I’m usually rather dispassionate ... I’ll say about a four.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?


It takes me longer to delete all of the junkmail and spam ... I’ll say about a half hour.

Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?


The temperature is set at 78 degrees ... San Diego doesn’t tend to get very cold and I don’t put on the heat. If it’s very hot ... over 88 degrees ... I’ll put on the a/c.

Friday’s Feast for September 14, 2007


Appetizer
When was the last time you visited a hospital?

When my dad had quintuple bypass on July 24, 2007, I visited him in the hospital. Before that, it was September 20/21 of 2005 when my god daughter, Sophia Graciela, was born.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you?


I’m not ambitious at all ... but I do have a very developed sense of duty and middle class guilt.

Salad
Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.)


Ilium: I love intimidating underwear models.

Main Course
If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it?


Hmmm ... I’d create a club for readers of junky-fluff mystery novels where we could trade books (and I would save some money off of my yearly “donation” to Amazon.com). What would I name it? Hmmm ... Bookazons?

Dessert
What color is the carpet/flooring in your home?

Emerald green with faded patches due to certain felines’ “accidents” ... It’s gonna become Bellawood sometime soon.



ARRGGGGHHHH ... We missed "Meow Like a Pirate" Day, too!


My pirate name is:


Dread Barnacle Butt



Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how to make a profit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

1 comment:

Around Your Wrist said...

even though you were up here for some of these friday feasts, it's good to read your answers!