Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Blogger Beta: The jury's still out.

If my blog looks different to you, it's because my Mom convinced me to move to the Blogger Beta. Lots of my sidebar stuff disappeared including my links to other blogs (which I thankfully still had on Blogrolling), Pumpkin's "Gorgeous Gingers" action cartoon, Puffy's "House Panthers", the fish that I adopted from Bunny Hero, and some other stuff that I liked. Sigh.

I guess that's the last time that I listen to Mom's bright ideas about "upgrading" stuff. Now I'll be working all weekend to get my blog back up to specks. Ugh. She really screwed up. If you have any suggestions about what to do about the missing stuff and why it's taking my blog so darn long to load on my own computer (I use Mom's Macintosh) ... Please let me know. Arggggghhhh!
DaisyMae Maus

5 comments:

Rascal said...

My sympathies! Evidentally you're not alone in what you're experiencing. My mom has been keeping an eye on the beta switch thing and recommends The Blogger Help Group. You can ask questions, search previous questions & solutions, as well as read everyone else's gripes and complaints as well as praises about blogger in general. She's gotten help for my blog from the blogger help group. In fact, that was where she got the idea for a beta test blog, i.e. Catzee's blog. One good thing about beta is that you can save a copy of your template before every change. Unfortunately, we learned that the hard way too.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Thanks! It does help to know that my blog isn't the only one with issues ... I'll pass this on to my mom and see if she can do some trouble-shooting for me. Not having thumbs can be a real problem.
DaisyMae Maus

Lux said...

I can't really help either since Mom and I set mine up on Blogger Beta to begin with. She's afraid to move her other blogs there. But your site looks pretty good right now!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Thanks, Lux ... It took some tinkering to make it better (see 9/30 post).
DaisyMae Maus

Rascal said...

Purrs to your mom for fixing your blog. She is furry brave and did a good job.