Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Mmmmm ... Turkey!


Ode to Left-Over Turkey
by DaisyMae Maus

Left-over turkey: It hides in the ‘fridge.
Oh, left-over turkey: Yes, I’d like a smidge!
There’s room in my tummy that one thing will fill;
That left-over turkey will sure fit the bill.
Left-over turkey looks good on my plate!
My left-over turkey is tastin’ so great!
I don’t want the giblets or meat dark as night.
With left-over turkey, the breast is just right!
Don’t give me gravy or sauce made with wine,
Some left-over turkey alone is just fine.
Thanksgiving dinner was over too fast ...
But left-over turkey will last ... and last ... and last! Burp!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss dmm, you are certainly clever with words! we hope turkey was ever-tasty and that you enjoyed each morsel.

with love from your cousins in bellevue--suzanne and benjamin

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hi Benjamin and Suzanne! Thanks for stopping by ... Your mom should really ditch myspace and join up here on Blogger where things are much more fun (and much less sketchy) ...
DaisyMae Maus

Victor Tabbycat said...

Mmmm, what a yummy poem! Delish!

Lux said...

Suddenly I'm feeling *very hungry!!!

Unknown said...

That was a great poem Daisy! Our mom left us home to go visiting so we didn't get ANY turkey. Could you send some to us here in Iowa?

Dazey
Jesse
Conner Cloud

Ayla said...

Turkey definitely falls under the category of Good Things. That and ham. We had both for Turkey Day so I was happy.

Anonymous said...

DaisyMae Maus! You are one heck of a poet!

Shadow Saluki said...

Left-over Turkey, good to the very last nibble! (And belch). The aroma of "Thanksgiving and all the trimmings" is still in my mom and dad's fridge. Grandma gave me a little plate, with small portions of everything the humans had. "Fabulous Supper" comes to mind, reading your poem. I believe my cousin was a Bard in a past life. Thanks for the Ode-e but goodie.

Unknown said...

Thanx for the turkey, Daisy!! It was super yummy!!

D
J
CC