Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast #19


Appetizer
Tell about a time when you had to be brave.

February 14, 2007 was the most recent time that I had to be truly brave and sacrifice my sense of well-being for a greater good.

Why?

Subpoena.

That was the day that the man (Criminal? A**hole?) who mugged me on 5/22/2006 was on trial for his freedom and I had to testify in open court. To say that I was thoroughly terrified was an understatement. But justice and protecting society from him (for at least two years) were far more important to me than temporary anxiety.

Soup
Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

I'll risk the wrath of the "Pirates" fans ... I'm most excited about "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix." "Harry" isn't fabulous literature, but it is very engaging story-telling. I'm thankful for faithful screenwriters and directors who keep the magic alive on-screen. John Williams' score sends chills up and down my spine ... The whole experience is utterly thrilling.

Salad
Name an item you try to always have on hand.

Chlöe perfume.

Main Course
Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

It'll seem odd, but it's my classroom immediately after 3:15 PM when the kids go home. I have a library-sized book collection, oodles of classical cds, a refrigerator full of beverages/lunches and a microwave to heat whatever I choose, a Bassett executive desk chair, and two fish tanks burbling away. My air conditioner works and my door locks. I have Japanese crane mobiles that students made at my behest and colorful movie posters line the walls. There are days that I lock the door and don't go home until after 7 PM because I'm simply enjoying my environment too much to walk to the parking lot.

To all the teachers out there who have to share classrooms or who have chosen sterile environments rather than personalized ones ... I've definitely got what you're missing and I am making the most of it.

Dessert
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

Religious ... Is zero a choice? I believe in God as an omnipotent force, but I won't blindly follow the words of mortal interpreters. In my experience, people who I've met who prosthelatize at me tend to act in the most hypocritical ways. I prefer to find God in nature rather than in churches.

Spiritual ... About a five. I definitely believe in karma or the balance of the universe. "Doing the right thing" guides my actions. I have a well-defined conscience. But you won't find me dancing naked in the moonlight, hanging crystals everywhere, or experimenting with mind-altering phenomena. That's not me.

1 comment:

Jake and Bathsheba said...

DaisyMae, my mom really enjoyed this one. She says that she was very relieved about the dessert one because she thinks that she is so much less religious than many of the cats in the blogosphere. (Sorry if that wasn't well written; it's hard to explain.)

I, however, am worried about the main course. Why doesn't she want to rush home to attend to your needs? My mom does confess that she enjoys her office when everyone else has gone home.

Purrs,
~Jake