Life is my litterbox ... Grab the SCOOP!

Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Fill-In and Friday's Feast: Meme me up!

FRIDAY, JUNE 6, 2008
Friday Fill-Ins #75

Questions courtesy of One Knutty Knitter; thank you, Knutty!

1. Idle hands are _wasted ... multi-task, multi-task, multi-task_.

2. I love _lime-scented shower gel from Philosophy_ in the shower (‘cuz it smells like Life-Savors).

3. My favorite time of the day is when _the bell at the end of lunch rings and I have a ninety-minute prep period to get my act together before the next day’s classes_.

4. The last tea I drank was _a Ceylon tea at a retirement tea party at the Westgate Hotel last Friday ... Oh, wait a minute ... It was a tropical tea that I had Wednesday night at PF Chang’s_.

5. I like to _play in my Sea Eagle kayak_ in the Summer.

6. My mother always said _”I’ll back you up ‘til your belly caves in” ... Yep, she’s kinda odd_.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to _relaxing on my new 2 inch foamy mattress cover ... it’s so nice_, tomorrow my plans include _actively avoiding the scholarship breakfast and sleepin’ in_ and Sunday, I want to _get a mani/pedi_!

Feast One Hundred & Ninety Two
June 6th, 2008 •
Appetizer
When you drink soda/pop/coke, do you prefer to drink it from the bottle, a can, or after pouring it into a cup?


Any carbonated soda gives me hiccups, so I prefer to pour soda into a cup of ice and then add water to ease the hiccups.

Soup
What television show are you willing to stay up late to watch?


I actually really enjoy using my DVR to “tape” bunches of Food Network shows and HGTV shows that I’ll watch late into the night. Stuff like “Over Your Head” (tell me that Eric Stromer doesn’t look like “HeMan” of the “Masters of the Universe”), “Don’t Sweat It” (Steve Watson is yummy), and “Ace of Cakes”. I got hooked on “Dexter” on CBS, though. I don’t want to watch it on Showtime (‘cuz I’d hafta buy Showtime ... and it’s just too gory with the nearly X-rated dialog). Oh, and I really do need to watch an entire season of “Cold Case” in a maxi-marathon ... I’ll watch all of the episodes in one night and stay up ‘til four.

Salad
Name one person, place, or thing you think of as brilliant.

My high school English teacher is brilliant ... and my dad’s not too shabby either. Oh, and some 3-M brand green velcro tape strips that I use to keep boxes shut or whatever else. That stuff is BRILLIANT.

Main Course
Would you be willing to work 4 10-hour days instead of 5 8-hour days in order to save gas?

Definitely. But it’ll never happen in a suburban high school. I’d like to work Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday (‘cuz sometimes Mondays and/or Fridays are holidays anyway).

Dessert
If you were a superhero, what would you call yourself?

Hmmm ... Catwoman is taken. Drat. How about “Honor Society Chick” ‘cuz I sponsor my school’s chapter of the honor society? Or maybe the “Purple Reader” since I like purple and I’m a reading teacher or maybe even “The Six-footer”? Either of those would be excellent compared to what one of my kids dubbed me: Miss Homework.

No comments: